IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU REGISTER!
The City of Charlottesville has SAP software that includes on-line vendor registration and maintenance. It allows you, at no cost, to:
- Register as a vendor with the City of Charlottesville.
- Select commodity codes that describe the goods and/or services your company provides.
- Maintain your company's information if there are changes in your company such as;
- Contact information
- Commodity codes
- Increases your opportunity to do business with the City of Charlottesville as the software provides City departments better access to vendor information.
- If you would like to register to become a Downtown Mall Vendor, please contact Neighborhood Development Services at (434) 970-3182.
Step 1: REGISTRATION.
Visit the Registration Page to begin your registration or to access your account.
Make sure you read the step-by-step directions on the registration page carefully. If you experience difficulty with the registration process or accessing the registration site and you have followed the instructions, please:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Describe the issue(s) and provide contract information so a representative may contact you.
Click here for more information on How To Do Business with the City.
Step 2: VENDOR ACCOUNTING (ELECTRONIC INVOICING & PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS).
Electronic Invoicing: An email address; firstname.lastname@example.org; has been established for the City's Accounts Payable Department to receive electronic invoicing. A vendor may email the Accounts Payable Department with questions, invoices, statements, etc. This email account will be monitored daily by the Accounts Payable Department.
Payment Requirements: Vendors who do business with the City of Charlottesville are required to complete a Federal Form W-9, Request for Taxpayers Identification Number. The City is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to collect this information to meet IRS filing regulations. Vendors receiving $600 or more in payments in a calendar year will receive a Form 1099 Misc., Miscellaneous Income Form. Vendors submitting invoices to the City must have a current Federal From W-9 on file with the Finance office.
Once you have completed and submitted your registration; you will be given the option to attach your company's W-9 form.
Step 3: REVIEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE CITY.
Step 4: REVIEW LICENSE & PERMIT REQUIREMENTS.
- Commissioner of Revenue website for Business Licenses
- "It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in any business, employment or profession within the city for which a license issuance fee or license tax is imposed by this chapter, without first obtaining a city business license and paying the required fee or tax." Charlottesville City Code Sec.14-3, (a).
- Neighborhood Development website for Permits
- Department of Professional & Occupational Regulations