Be advised that some of the content available on the associated web pages under Procurement and Risk Management may not be posted in an accessible format for screen readers due to the length, complexity and technical nature; however, accommodations will be made upon request by calling (434) 970-3860 or submitting an email request to email@example.com.
• Central Procurement is responsible for the administration of policies and procedures for the procurement of commodities, services, construction and professional services for the various customers and City departments.
- Centralized and Decentralized Procurement Operation
- Supplier Diversity Programs
- Minority Business Program
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Procurement Training Program
- Vendor Registration
• Risk Management directs strategic planning, provides operational control and establishes rules, policies and procedures to accomplish risk management goals related to employee and workplace safety, loss control, claims, insurance and self-insurance program objectives.
- Insurance Program
- Claims Administration for General Liability, Property, Volunteer, etc.
- Programs to Mitigate the City’s Risk of Financial Loss
- Risk Management Training
• Warehouse Operations manages the City’s Warehouse location. The Warehouse Operations is responsible for administration and operational control of the warehousing operations and disposition of surplus property.
- Central Inventory Management
- Central Shipping and Receiving
- SAP and Inventory Management Support for Decentralized Locations
- Short-term Storage
- Surplus Property Management
- Strive to assure that taxpayers receive the maximum value for each dollar applied to City contracts
- Minimize or eliminate the conditions and practices that cause loss and damage
- Utilize innovative ways to increase efficiency, cut costs and maximize existing resources
- Satisfy the needs of the various customers we serve
- Implement efficient and effective Procurement, Risk Management and Warehousing Programs