425 Route 250 Bypass Charlottesville, VA 22902
Public parking is available at the west entrance of McIntire Park Softball fields at 1360 Rugby Ave., Charlottesville, VA 22903
Public parking at east entrance Charlottesville Rescue Squad at 828 McIntire Rd., Charlottesville, VA 22902
Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 8:00 am - Sunset
Charlottesville Parks & Recreation reserves the right to revise operating hours as necessary and close the skate park in the event of inclement weather. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
Help us raise funds for lighting at Charlottesville Skate Park. Donate Now »
This is an unsupervised facility. Use at your own risk!
The City of Charlottesville does not assume responsibility for any injury. Skateboarding, biking, in-line skating at this facility are hazardous recreational activities. Use of this facility may expose the user to serious injury.
- Know your ability and use accordingly.
- The wearing of helmets is highly recommended.
- Kneepads, elbow pads, and wrist guards are highly recommended.
- Adult supervision is required of users younger than 10 years old.
- Inspect the surfaces before you begin; remove any trash, debris or objects that may prevent a smooth, safe ride.
- No use permitted when wet, raining, in icy conditions or during routine maintenance periods. Users may not salt, wax or sand any portion of the park.
- The Charlottesville Skate Park has been designed for all skill levels. Please take turns on the bowls and be courteous to other people using the facility.
- No horseplay or roughhousing.
- Metal bike pegs are prohibited.
- Graffiti/vandalism of Charlottesville Skate Park will result in a minimum 24 hour facility closure.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Beverages, drinking or eating while on skate surfaces is prohibited.
- Animals must be leashed or otherwise are prohibited.
- Organized events require the prior approval of Charlottesville Parks & Recreation.
- The City of Charlottesville is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Drugs and alcohol are prohibited at Charlottesville Skate Park.
- Anyone who does not adhere to these rules may be banned from Charlottesville Skate Park by the Director of Charlottesville Parks & Recreation.
- Additional ramps, jumps or obstacles are not permitted in the skate park. No modifications to the skating surface or features are permitted. No skating on park structures not specifically designed for that purpose.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted, including battery wheeled devices.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- Graffiti, tagging, littering, stickers or other items are prohibited.
- Report any damage/hazardous conditions to Charlottesville Parks & Recreation at (434) 970-3260. Report illegal activity to Charlottesville Police Department at (434) 970-3280. For an emergency, call 911.