The Access Arts Charlottesville/Albemarle committee meets quarterly to promote experiences in the arts for individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in becoming a participant on the Access Arts Committee or have questions, please email Sarah Blech at (434) 970-3264
- Year Round Art Exhibit at Albemarle County Office Building.
- Winter Art Exhibit at Carver Recreation Center.
- Virginia Festival of the Book Adaptive Activities 3rd week in March.
- Art Exhibit at City Space on the Downtown Mall. 100 5th St NE, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- The Poetry book will be published each fall, works collected December - May.
- Artist led workshop in music, visual arts, movement, poetry and drama.
- Annual Music Recital
Access Arts Charlottesville/Albemarle is a partnership that develops arts-based programs, activities and events for students and adults with disabilities.
View the Artist Resource Guide Here
Upcoming Special Events:
Visual Arts ExhibIt at CitySpace Call for entries
Local Access Arts artists and Access Arts partner organizations are invited to participate. 100% of the sale of the art goes directly to the artist.
Push pins are used to hang/anchor the art and the panels do not support heavy frames. You would need to be able to plan the layout of your board and hang the art yourself on the installation date Wednesday, September 4th, between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
If you are interested in exhibiting on a 6 foot by 8 foot display board with your “no frame” or “very lightly framed” art, please contact Sarah at email@example.com or (434) 970-3464
Opening night is Friday, September 6, 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Works will be displayed from March - August.