The Free Paint Program offers paint, primer, and up to 8 tubes of caulk to low-income Charlottesville homeowners who are looking to decorate the exterior of their home, including siding, trim, porches, and roofs. Participants are responsible for purchasing all other supplies and labor necessary. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a Charlottesville resident
- Application must be filled by homeowner
- Must complete project within 90 days of receiving materials
- Must have not received paint for the same portion of house in the past 3 years
- Household income (verified by federal tax return or pay stub) must not exceed the guidelines below
For current Program Income Limits, please click HERE.
Applications may be submitted at any time but consideration and administration of paint will not begin until mid-June of each year.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please fill out the application below and a city representative will contact you for more information. You can find a printable version here.
Paper applications should be submitted to: