PLANNING COMMISSION REGULAR DOCKET
TUESDAY, May 10, 2011 – 5:30 P.M.
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
I. PLANNING COMMISSION GATHERING -- 4:30 P.M. (Held in the NDS Conference Room) Commissioners gather to communicate with staff. (4:30-5:30 P.M.)
II. REGULAR MEETING -- 5:30 P.M.
A. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS
B. UNIVERSITY REPORT
C. CHAIR'S REPORT
D. DEPARTMENT OF NDS/STAFF REPORTS/WORK PLAN
E. MATTERS TO BE PRESENTED BY THE PUBLIC NOT ON THE FORMAL AGENDA
F. CONSENT AGENDA
(Items removed from the consent agenda will be considered at the end of the regular agenda)
1. Site Plan and Subdivision approval list
2. Minutes - March 8, 2010 – Regular meeting
3. Minutes - April 12, 2010 – Regular meeting
4. Minutes - April 12, 2011 – Pre meeting
5. Entrance Corridor- 1600 Monticello Avenue
6. Zoning Text Initiation – Validity periods for Certificate of Appropriateness
III. JOINT PUBLIC HEARINGS (Beginning at 6:00 P.M.)
G. JOINT PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. ZM-11-03-06 - (Sunrise Park PUD): An amendment to Sunrise Park Planned Unit Development (PUD) to add Tax Map 56 Parcel 85 to the development (incorporating this parcel into the PUD) and allow an increase in the allowable residential unit count for the PUD. The PUD includes all properties located within the block encompassed by Carlton Avenue, Rives Street, Nassau Street and Midland Street. The current PUD allows for the establishment of a mixed-use, mixed income development with no more than 60 residential units and up to 12,800 square feet of non-residential uses. This proposal requests an increase to no more than 66 residential units. The current proffers include: limits on the hours of operation for non-residential use, a 12,800 square foot maximum for non-residential uses on site, limitations on residential density, number of structures and maximum land cover for structures, driveway limitations, commemoration of structure at 1106 Carlton Avenue, transit improvements, transportation improvements and affordable housing requirements. The revised proffers reflect the increase in residential units and number of structures and maximum land cover for structures as well as changes to the plan of development. The current PUD is further identified on City Real Property Tax Map #56 as parcels 84, 85.1, 85.2, 86.1, 86.2 and 86.3 having approximately 420 feet of frontage on Midland Street, 278 feet on Nassau Street, 285 feet on Carlton Avenue and 60 feet on Rives Street and containing approximately 98,446 square feet of land or 2.26 acres. The additional parcel (TMP 56-85), is currently zoned R-2, has approximately 131 feet of frontage on Rives Street and 60 feet on Midland Street and contains approximately 0.18 acres which would bring the total development to 2.44 acres. The general uses called for in the Land Use Plan of the Comprehensive Plan are for Two-Family Residential. Report prepared by Brian Haluska, Neighborhood Planner. Staff Report Ord. with Proffers
Revised Ord. with Proffers Amended Sunrise Park COD
2. ZT-11-04-04 (Assisted Living) An ordinance to amend and reordain Section 34-796 (Use Matrix), of the Zoning Ordinance of the Code of the City of Charlottesville, 1990, as amended, to allow assisted living facilities of greater than 8 residents in the Downtown North Corridor. Report prepared by Brian Haluska, Neighborhood Planner. Staff Report
3. Closing of a portion of Seminole Court: A petition to close a portion of Seminole Court for a distance of approximately 106 feet long x 48 feet wide and vacate a portion of the plat that originally created the street in 1982. The portion of this street is located at City Real Estate Tax Map 41C Parcel 3.1 Block C, east of the intersection with Zan Road at the driveway entrance to the property located at 200 Seminole Court. Report prepared by Ebony Walden, Neighborhood Planner Staff Report Street Closing
4. ZT-11-04-05 Critical Slopes - An ordinance to amend and reordain Section 34-1120(b) (Critical Slopes) and 34-1200 (Definitions), of the Zoning Ordinance of the Code of the City of Charlottesville, 1990, as amended, to revise regulations pertaining to critical slopes. Report prepared by Brian Haluska, Neighborhood Planner. Staff report
IV. REGULAR MEETING ITEMS (Cont.) -- 8:30 P.M.
H. Lighting Waiver
a. Charlottesville High School Staff Report
I. FUTURE MEETING SCHEDULE
Date and Time
Wednesday May 24, 2011 – 5:00 PM
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 – 4:30 PM
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 – 5:30 PM
Anticipated Items on Future Agendas
· Entrance Corridor – Belmont Cottages PUD
· Site Plan Amendment – Paton Street PUD
PLEASE NOTE: THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PLEASE NOTE: We are including suggested time frames on Agenda items. These times are subject to change at any time during the meeting.