Residential and Community-Based Services for Youth Since 1971
Community Attention provides a range of services including residential and community-based components. We strive to provide strengths-based, cost effective, user friendly, and clinically sound services in the context of interagency collaboration and active family involvement and responsibility. We attempt to individualize services for each client as needed, including making referrals to and coordinating with community services outside our agency. Community Attention is a fee-based program with primary funding coming from the Virginia Juvenile Community Crime Control Act (VJCCCA) and the Comprehensive Services Act (CSA). Referrals may begin with any service component and transition to alternative or supplementary services.
- Community Attention Foster Families (CAFF) is a foster care program for boys and girls age 0-21 in Charlottesville, Albemarle, and surrounding counties with the ability to accept emergency placements and provide long term foster care leading to permanency.
- Teens GIVE Service-Learning is a character education and life skills training program placing children ages 9–18 in relationship-based community agencies and volunteer projects. Supervised volunteer activities are supplemented with services that include mentoring, tutoring, character education, case management, counseling, reflection, and recreation activities.
- Community Supervision Program (CSP) provides case management, counseling, assessment, diversion, and supervisory services for community-based youth. Services include employment coaching and supervision, coordination of therapeutic services, transportation, and court-directed Electronic Monitoring.
- Life Skills Groups include anger management, job readiness, educational support, and independent living skills.
- Kaki Dimock, Director, Department of Human Services
- Misty Graves, Program Supervisor, Community-Based Services
- Hunter Smith, Program Supervisor, Community-Based Services
- Garrett Jones, Program Supervisor, Community Attention Foster Families
- Hank Strauss, Program Supervisor, Community Attention Foster Families
- 907 E. Jefferson Location - regular business hours 9-6
- 414 4th Street Location - regular business hours 9-5
- 909 E. Market Location - regular business hours 9-6
907 East Jefferson Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902-5325