The City of Charlottesville assesses property annually for the purpose of real estate taxation. Section 58.1-3294 of the Code of Virginia requires property owners to furnish income and expense data for income producing properties. Please complete and return the applicable income and expense form(s) no later than September 3, 2019. Should you have multiple apartment developments, please copy and fill out one form for each. If you need assistance in completing this form, please call (434) 970-3145.
The information provided will be used to analyze the correlation between income/rents, expenses and current market transactions. Your assistance is necessary to ensure appraisals are fair and equitable. This data will be considered for the 2020 reassessment.
If this is an owner-occupied property, please complete as much of the statement as possible. If any portion of this property is leased or rented, please complete this statement with all the applicable information.
In accordance with Title 58.1-3 of the Code of Virginia, income and expense information obtained for assessment purposes is considered proprietary and held in strict confidentiality. This data is not shared with anyone from the general public other than the submitting property owner and their authorized representatives.
The income and expense forms located at the bottom of this page are a fillable PDF format, which allows you to enter data directly into the form using your computer and Adobe Acrobat Reader. The form may be saved to a computer, completed, and emailed to the City Assessor’s Office as a PDF attachment via a desktop email client, e.g., Microsoft Outlook, or a web email account such as Gmail.
The following are instructions for successfully completing and submitting the fillable PDF forms:
- Use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete the fillable PDF forms. Do not complete the forms online within your web browser using an alternate PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader are available from Adobe at https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Before completing the form, save the fillable PDF file to your computer, e.g., My Documents folder).
- If viewing the form online in a web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, right-click on the displayed PDF and select Save As or Save Page As. Make sure Adobe Acrobat Document is selected for the file type (*.pdf) and save the file. Note the file name and location of the saved file.
Alternatively, you may save the PDF form without opening the file online within your web browser:
- On Windows-based PCs:
- Right-click on the hyperlink for the PDF form and choose either Save Target As or Save Link As.
- When the Save As dialog box appears, select a folder from your list of options, e.g., My Documents folder.
- Make sure Adobe Acrobat Document is selected for the file type (*.pdf), and then click the Save Button in the lower right corner. Note the file name and location of the saved file.
- On Macintosh systems:
- Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key on the keyboard and use the mouse to click on the hyperlink for the form (PDF file) that appears in the web browser. If the mouse has only one button (standard Apple mouse), hold down the Control (Ctrl) key while clicking. If the mouse has both a left and a right button, right-click the target link as you would on a Windows-based computer.
- Click the Download Linked File As or the Save Link As option that appears on the pop-up list. This will allow you to transfer the linked file to your computer.
- When the Save As dialog box appears, select a folder from your Where options.
- Make sure Adobe Acrobat Document is selected for the file type (*.pdf) and click the Save button in the lower right corner. Note the file name and location of the saved file.
- Once you have saved the file to your computer, you are ready to complete the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- In Adobe Acrobat Reader, choose File > Open from the menu bar. Locate the saved form PDF file and click Open.
- Complete the form and save the final version of the file to your computer by clicking File > Save (or File > Save As) from the menu bar in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Email the completed/saved file as an attachment to: email@example.com.
Click on the form name(s) below to download the fillable PDF form: