Meetings: August 2019 to April 2020
Membership: At least two (2) community members; two (2), members with professional data analysis expertise including a background in economics, social science, public policy, or similar; two (2), members with community organizing experience; two (2), At-Large members; and one (1) council member.
Term: 2 years
Purpose: To identify appropriate measurements, benchmarks, solutions and metrics for the designated priority areas (Jobs/Wages, Affordable Housing, Public Health Care, and Education) for use in The Vibrant Community Funding process.
Specifically, the commission is charged with establishing measurements, benchmarks, solutions and metrics in a formal report to council in May 2020. The commission shall seek to understand the best way to impact the priority areas; specifically to:
• Conduct best practice research on the four priority areas
• Engage the community to understand what solutions community members prefer in each priority area including but not limited to:
- Community meetings & stakeholder interviews
- Formal liaison with Nonprofit Leaders of Color network
- Active engagement of people from marginalized communities
The commission will be staffed to provide technical and logistical assistance and provided with a third-party facilitator to ensure equal and active engagement among members.
Contact: Shayla Givens, Human Services Planner; firstname.lastname@example.org.