Multicultural Health Celebration
- Date: 10/05/2019 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Covenant Church
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Join us at this multicultural health event! Answer some of your questions about your health and learn about health resources in the area from health professionals and community health workers. There will be:
- Key note speaker Pam Sutton Wallace CEO University of Virginia Health System and Acting Vice President for Health Affairs will talk about “How to take care of yourself”.
- Blood pressure evaluation,
- Diabetes and heart disease risk assessment,
- Nutrition counseling
- Dental screenings,
- Eye exams
- Stress reduction and meditation classes,
- Flu and tetanus vaccines
- Yoga, dance/ exercise sessions, and more.
Healthy snacks and lunch will be provided for free, and fun activities for youth will be available.
Services in English and Spanish with interpreters for multiple other languages.
For more information, call Sin Barreras: (434) 531-0104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by UVA Ob/Gyn Midlife Women’s Health, UVA Latino Health Initiative, the United Way, Sin Barreras, The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, and many other community partners including Sentara Martha Jefferson, TJ Health Department, Free Clinic, the Women’s Initiative and many more.