Minority Business Commission
- Date: 09/12/2019 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Basement Conf. Room
605 E. Main St., City Hall - Basement
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
On July 1, 2019 City Council approved the formation of the Minority Business Commission (MBC) to serve in an advisory capacity on the following matters:
1. The City's established policy of equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in procurement and business development;
2. The City's efforts in promoting the startup of minority-owned businesses in the City and the growth and expansion of existing City minority-owned business;
3. The City's continuing efforts to encourage the participation of businesses, and in particular those certified by the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD), in City contracts, and
4. The City's assurance that its business development and procurement opportunities are made available to all persons, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
If you are a member of the public and would like to attend a Minority Business Commission meeting please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
1. Staff Updates
2. Questions about FOIA
3. Meeting place and meeting frequency
4. Choosing Roles
5. Minority Business Week