PLANNING COMMISSION REGULAR DOCKET
TUESDAY, August 9, 2011 – 5:30 P.M.
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
I. PLANNING COMMISSION GATHERING -- 4:30 P.M. (Held in the NDS Conference Room) Commissioners gather to communicate with staff. (4:30-5:30 P.M.)
II. REGULAR MEETING -- 5:30 P.M.
A. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS
B. UNIVERSITY REPORT
C. CHAIR'S REPORT
D. DEPARTMENT OF NDS/STAFF REPORTS/WORK PLAN
E. ANNUAL MEETING
1. Report of Nominating Committee
2. Election of Officers
3. Review of Annual Report
F. MATTERS TO BE PRESENTED BY THE PUBLIC NOT ON THE FORMAL AGENDA
G. CONSENT AGENDA
(Items removed from the consent agenda will be considered at the end of the regular agenda)
1. Site Plan and Subdivision approval list
2. Minutes - March 8, 2011 – Regular meeting
3. Minutes - June 14, 2011 – Regular meeting
4. Minutes - June 14, 2011 – Pre meeting
5. Minutes - June 28, 2011 – Work Session
III. JOINT PUBLIC HEARINGS (Beginning at 6:00 P.M.)
H. JOINT PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. ZT-11-07-07 - Public Infrastructure Maintenance Bonds - An ordinance to amend and reordain Section 34-1104, Compliance with Building Code, of the Zoning Ordinance of the Code of the City of Charlottesville, 1990, as amended, to include a provision which allows for small public infrastructure maintenance bonds associated with construction of low density residential structures on publically owned streets. Report prepared by Jim Tolbert, Director Staff Report
2. ZT-11-07-08 - An ordinance to amend and reordain Section 34-273(b) of the Code of the City of Charlottesville, 1990, as amended (Zoning Ordinance) relating to Individually Protected properties by creating an “overlay” zoning restriction without affecting the underlying zoning district designation. This ordinance would create minor design control district status for the following:
The structure and property at 104 Stadium Road, Tax Map 16, Parcel 2.
ZM-11-07-09 - An ordinance to amend and reordain the Zoning District Map incorporated in Section 34-1 of the Zoning Ordinance of the Code of the City of Charlottesville, 1990, as amended, by adding minor Architectural Design Control District for the following:
The property located at 104 Stadium Road, further identified on City Real Property Tax Map #16 as parcel 2 having approximately 90 feet of frontage on Emmet Street containing approximately 9975 square feet of land (0.229 acres). The general uses called for in the Land Use Plan of the Comprehensive Plan are for Multifamily. The current underlying zoning, which will remain, is R-3 Multifamily. Report prepared by Mary Joy Scala, Preservation and Design Planner. Staff Report
IV. REGULAR MEETING ITEMS (Cont.) – 7:00 P.M.
I. Entrance Corridor
a. Fontaine Fire StationStaff Report
b. CFA – Octagon Partners Staff Report
J. Preliminary Discussion
a. The Woods – Elliott Avenue Staff Report
K. FUTURE MEETING SCHEDULE
Date and Time
Tuesday August 16, 2011 – 5:00 PM
Joint PC with Albemarle County – Performance Measures and Land Use
Tuesday August 23, 2011 – 5:00 PM
Tuesday, August 9, 2011 – 4:30 PM
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 – 5:30 PM
- Preliminary Site Plan and Critical Slopes – Willoughby Place
- SUP – Sigma Chi Expansion request on Old Preston
- Rezoning - The Woods on Elliott Ave
Anticipated Items on Future Agendas
· Entrance Corridor – Belmont Cottages PUD
· Site Plan Amendment – Paton Street PUD
PLEASE NOTE: THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PLEASE NOTE: We are including suggested time frames on Agenda items. These times are subject to change at any time during the meeting.