The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings. CLICK HERE to apply online. Applications are due by June 10, 2013 at 5:00PM.
- Albemarle/Charlottesville Regional Jail Authority
- Buiding Code of Appeals
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Transportation (CHART) Plan Advisory Committee
- Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority (CRHA) (Resident Commissioner, Citizen-at-Large positions available)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Task Force (Social Issues representatives)
- Personnel Appeals Board
- Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) Board
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Regional Disability Service Board
- Youth Council
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call 434-970-3113 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.