TIPS FOR SAVING ON YOUR GAS BILL
- Set your thermostat back at night to 60 degrees (Elderly persons should be careful when doing this - they are more likely to get sick from being cold).
- Install a programmable setback thermostat. See Rebate information
- Open shades and drapes during the day to let the sun in. Close them at night when it gets cold.
- Close doors and windows to rooms in your house that are not used often.
- Plug holes and cracks in walls and windows.
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows.
- Wrap water pipes to help keep hot water hot.
- If you have a fireplace, shut the outside vents. Use the flue damper.
- Have your heating unit checked to see if it's running properly.
- Check your furnace filter frequently. Replace or clean it as needed.
- Upgrade attic, basement and crawl space insulation.
Check out more gas conservation information by clicking here. Gas Conservation
Water conservation is a good way of life and it does not require a major change in lifestyle. Mostly, it's a matter of using common sense. Fresh clean drinking water is yours to use when needed but remember that it is a valuable resource that should not be wasted. A little effort will make a big difference. Every drop counts!
Check out our Toilet Rebate
Check out our Rain Barrel Rebate
Send email to the City Utility Billing Office