City of Charlottesville
Utility Billing Office
Utility Billing Division: (434) 970-3211
Utility Billing Fax: (434) 970-3212
The Utility Billing staff is responsible for the billing and collection of over 19,500 gas accounts and over 14,250 water and sewer accounts each month. Utility Billing also handles requests to stop and start services, answers customer inquiries concerning their accounts and handles all billing maintenance entries necessary to send accurate and timely bills to our customers. Utility Billing handles over 37,000 telephone calls and walk-in customers annually.
We hope the following pages will provide the information you need to answer your questions. Our job is to serve you and we take it seriously. Whether you are a new customer moving in to our community, or a long-time customer, THANK YOU. If you have any questions about your utility account, please contact us at (434) 970-3211, or send us email.
- 2019 Utility Rate Report Adopted 6/18/18
- 2019 Summary of Rates Adopted 6/18/18
- 2019 Summary of Utility Operations
- 2018 Utility Rate Report Adopted 6/5/17
- 2018 Summary of Rates Adopted 6/5/17
- 2017 Utility Rate Report Adopted 6/6/16
- 2017 Summary of Rates Adopted 6/6/16
- 2016 Utility Rate Report Adopted 6/1/15
- 2016 Summary of Rates Adopted 6/1/15
- What Does My Utility Bill Pay For?
- Directions to City Hall