IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO CALL!
If you are at the concept stage of your project, we want to hear from you. We can help you with gas utility design, and gas utility mapping and easement processes. By talking with us early, we can help you get the correct gas services for your needs.
If gas is going to be used for the development, it is very important that Charlottesville Gas be an active participant in the planning process so your project progress coincides with our work.
Gas Service Application Process
1. Submit a completed service application to the gas marketing office by fax at (434) 970-3817 or email.
2. Contact our workload specialist at (434) 970-3803 once the construction site meets the requirements for gas installation.
3. Approximately three weeks after being notified, we will install the gas line followed by the meter.
4. Schedule a meter inspection with the County or City depending on your location.
5. Once the inspection is passed, we will unlock the meter and begin gas service.
For more information on the gas service application process, please refer to the how-to guide located here.
A digital copy of the service application can be found here.
Please review the following documents. They are intended to provide you with valuable information about gas service applications, meter specifications, gas installation for commercial sites and multifamily homes, and gas main installations. If you have any questions, feel free to email the Gas Marketing Office.