Procurement and Risk Management Services is a division of the City’s Finance Department providing services in the areas of Procurement, Risk Management and Warehouse Operations.
•Central Procurement is responsible for the administration of policies and procedures for the procurement of commodities, services, construction and professional services for the various customers and City departments.
- City’s Centralized and Decentralized Procurement Operation
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Procurement Training Program
- Vendor Registration
•Risk Management directs strategic planning, provides operational control and establishes rules, policies and procedures to accomplish risk management goals related to employee and workplace safety, loss control, claims, insurance and self-insurance program objectives.
- City’s Insurance Program
- Claims Administration for General Liability, Property, Volunteer, etc.
- Programs to Mitigate the City’s Risk of Financial Loss
- Risk Management Training
•Warehouse Operations manages the City’s Warehouse location. The Warehouse Operations is responsible for administration and operational control of the warehousing operations and disposition of surplus property.
- Central Inventory Management
- Central Shipping and Receiving
- SAP and Inventory Management Support for Decentralized Locations
- Short-term Storage
- Surplus Property Management
- Strive to assure that taxpayers receive the maximum value for each dollar applied to City contracts
- Minimize or eliminate the conditions and practices that cause loss and damage
- Utilize innovative ways to increase efficiency, cut costs and maximize existing resources
- Satisfy the needs of the various customers we serve
- Implement efficient and effective Procurement, Risk Management and Warehousing Programs