Employee Recruitment Program
The Charlottesville Police Department has initiated the implementation of an Employee Recruitment Program whereas the Department would award a bonus to any City of Charlottesville Employee who assists in the recruitment and hiring of new police officers. The program is structured as follows:
1) All City of Charlottesville employees who assist in the recruitment and hiring of a new recruit officer will receive a $200 bonus and one day of Administrative Leave with pay.
2) All City of Charlottesville employees who assist in the recruitment and hiring of a Virginia DCJS Basic Law Enforcement Certified Officer will receive a $250 bonus and two days Administrative Leave with pay.
For the employee to be eligible to receive the benefit, the candidate must successfully complete the hiring process and be hired by the department.
Who May Participate as a Recruiter?
All City of Charlottesville employees are eligible for the recruitment bonus. Members of the police department who are involved in the recruitment, screening, testing and or selection process of candidates for the Charlottesville Police Department and any City employee whose job duties directly or indirectly include recruitment are not eligible for the recruitment bonus.
How Do I Become Eligible for the Program?
• Actively recruit a candidate who successfully completes the hiring process and is employed by the Police Department.
• Submit a completed Recruitment Referral Form. The Recruitment Referral Form is also located on the Citynet Site under the Human Resources link and Downloadable forms. Both the recruiter and the candidate must sign the form and it is the responsibility of the recruiter to submit the form to Staff Development and Accreditation Unit.
• The form must be submitted within thirty days of the candidate’s application submission to Human Resources.
Are there any Restrictions to the Program?
• The program is in effect for those candidates who apply subsequent to the announcement of the program.
• Only one recruitment incentive payment is allowed per candidate. (If more than one employee recruits the same candidate, only one will be eligible for the incentive. If two or more employees submit a recruitment form for the same recruit, payment will be determined by the date on the form. If forms have the same date, payment will be determined by the time they are received by the Police Staff Development & Accreditation Office.)
• Only candidates who enter and successfully complete the selection process for Charlottesville Police Officer qualify the recruiter for the incentive. (Non-sworn or civilian candidates will not qualify.)
• The recruitment incentive bonus will be processed after the candidate’s hiring.
• Candidates must complete the hiring process within 12 months of the date of the referral as documented on the Recruitment Referral Form.
• All conditions must be met before payment is made.
• The incentive payment is taxable income.