The VSA Charlottesville/Albemarle committee meets quarterly to promote experiences in the arts for individuals with disabilities. The committee works closely with VSA Arts of Virginia, part of a national program that creates partnerships to promote the Arts.
Click for here for more information
- Year Round Art Exhibit at Albemarle County Office Building.
- Winter Art Exhibit at Carver Recreation Center.
- Virginia Festival of the Book Adaptive Activities 3rd week in March.
- Art Exhibit at City Space on the Downtown Mall. 100 5th St NE, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- The Poetry book will be published each fall, works collected December - May.
- Artist led VSA workshop in music, visual arts, movement, poetry and drama.
- Annual Music Recital
VSA Charlottesville/Albemarle is a partnership that develops arts-based programs, activities and events for students and adults with disabilities. We are a member of the VSA Affiliate Network, a program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
View the VSA Artist Resource Guide Here
Upcoming VSA Special Events:
VSA Visual Arts ExhibIt at Carver Recreation Center
Opening date: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 6:30 – 8:00 PM. Submission information will be posted soon!
VSA Music Recital
Wednesday, April 17, 2019, from 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM at Carver Recreation Center. Submission information will be posted soon!
An annual poetry book written by individuals with disabilities and their parents, caregivers, counselors, etc. is published through VSA arts of Charlottesville Albemarle and Charlottesville Adaptive Recreation. The 2018 Poetry Book Celebration will be held on Wednesday, October 17, 10:30 – 12:00 pm at Carver Recreation Center. For more information please contact Sarah Blech by email or call (434) 970-3264
Click here for the release form.
Click here for the submission guidelines.