McIntire Skate Park | (434) 244-0166
The skate park has moved due to construction of the Meadowcreek Parkway. The skate park is now located at McIntire Park East at #425 Route 250 Bypass, by the golf course.
Hours of Operation
Summer Hours: - Effective June 6, 2016
Monday—Sunday Noon- Dusk
(Pending inclement weather)
Attendant on duty during operating hours
- Hours subject to change
- Liability waivers are required - Click here to view/download
- Helmet, elbow & kneepads are required and available at site
- Equipment consists of Skatelite ramps, jumps & boxes.
- Skateboard Park is located at McIntire Park (East) off Rt. 250. (#425 Route 250 Bypass)
- Open to the general public, Admission is FREE
McIntire Skate Park Rules
- All patrons must check in with the attendant and sign a waiver form (parent must sign if under the age of 18) Forms CANNOT be completed by another child's parent.
- Anyone 18 and over must have proof of age in order to complete the forms without a parent signature.
- Skaters must be a minimum of 5 years old to skate (provide helmets and pads). Children 10 and under must be supervised at all times with a parent or guardian.
- Food and drink are not permitted within the skate park.
- Loud or Foul language will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate conduct will not be permitted.
- Treat the skate park, staff and others with respect
- All protective equipment is to be used in the proper manner and returned following use.
- Smoking is prohibited in the skate park
- Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities.
- There are no fees for the use of the skate park.
- The City of Charlottesville has the discretion to close the skate park facility due to inclement weather, wet surfaces or any other unsafe conditions at any time.
- The City of Charlottesville has the discretion to limit the number of participants for any given session due to safety issues.
- Anyone caught in Skate Park during closed hours will be subject to trespass infractions as well as suspension of park privileges.
- Failure to abide by the above listed rules and regulations may result in removal from Skate Park.
- All skaters and bikers must wear a helmet, knee and elbow pads
- Appropriate clothing must be worn (i.e. shirt, shorts/sweats)
- Proper footwear is expected, no bare feet or flip-flops
McIntire Skate Park Master Plan
To see the adopted master plan, click here.
To see renderings of the new skate park, click here.