STRATEGIC INVESTMENT AREA
The Strategic Investment Area (SIA) is an area of Charlottesville designated by the City for targeted investment and improvement.
- Create a plan to help guide private and public investment in the SIA to create a sense of place and improve the quality of life for the people who live there and those who may in the future.
- Coordinate those investments in the neighborhood, including improvements to infrastructure, education and community assets.
- Make a concerted and coordinated effort to increase economic, recreation and housing opportunities.
- Build foundations for opportunity and choice by promoting mixed income residential development without displacing current residents.
- Preserve and rebuild existing public and assisted housing as part of an overall plan to revitalize the area. (The SIA works with the CHRA Development plan and does not supersede or replace it. The Residents Bill of Rights stays in place).
- Address challenges that relate to and influence each other, including housing decay, crime, health issues, job opportunities, adult educational opportunities and transportation.
- Create a healthy neighborhood, with public parks, libraries and excellent food sources.
|February 28, 2013 Table Notes|
|Report Back May 16, 2013||Steering Committee May 17, 2013|
|Photos from Open House and Work Shops|