The Volunteer Experience:
Community Attention has utilized volunteers for over thirty years in ways that provide the volunteers with invaluable learning experiences and provide the agency with supplemental resources to improve services to our clients. The volunteers are provided training and supervision and given a choice of roles.
Typical Volunteer Roles:
- Supervising community service activities
- Organizing or supervising recreational activities
- Providing artistic or cultural opportunities
- Providing supplemental shift coverage at group home
- Facilitating skill-building or educational groups
- Assisting with grounds or facility maintenance
- Graduate Counselor Education
- Graduate and Undergraduate Social Work
- Graduate Sociology
- Undergraduate Internship Program from UVA, James Madison, Longwood, and Old Dominion Universities, and PVCC
- Other approved or relevant programs
If you are interested, please call (434) 981-4014 or send an email to Misty Graves (our Volunteer Coordinator) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.