Community Attention Foster Families (CAFF) is actively searching for families in Charlottesville, Albemarle, and surrounding communities. If you have considered opening your heart and home to a child in need, please contact us to discuss this exciting and rewarding opportunity. Come learn more about our program and the process of becoming a foster/adoptive parent by attending one of our monthly information sessions:
Our next Information Sessions are: November 9th, 2017 and December 6th, 2017. Information Sessions begin at 6pm. Please call or email to RSVP. Marnie Allen 434-970-3735 or
Information sessions are held at 909 East Market Street. Parking is behind the building.
The next foster parent training class will begin on April 5th, 2018. It will be held at the County Office Building on 5th St, Extended. Class will run for 9 consecutive Thursday nights from 6-9 pm. If you are a 2 parent household, both parents must attend all 9 weeks of class.
You must attend an information session before coming to the training.
Benefits of parenting with Community Attention:
- Foster parents earn monthly tax-free stipends.
- Families have access to staff 24 hours a day for their support.
- Each child in the program is assigned an individual case manager to assist in coordinating needed services.
- All children in the program are given access to professional counseling services.
- Foster parents work closely with the treatment team, as a respected professional.
- All treatment decisions and background information are shared openly between the program and the parents.
If helping area children sounds interesting, please contact Marnie Allen at 970-3735, or by Email.
Do you have more questions? Check out some of our Frequently Asked Questions.