Community Attention Foster Families (CAFF) is actively searching for families in Charlottesville, Albemarle, and surrounding communities. If you have considered opening your heart and home to a child in need, please contact us to discuss this exciting and rewarding opportunity. Come learn more about our program and the process of becoming a foster/adoptive parent by attending one of our monthly information sessions:
Our next Information Sessions are: February 11th , March 18th and April 10th. All information sessions begin at 6 pm Please call or email to RSVP. Marnie Allen 434-970-3735 or
Information sessions are held at 414 4th Street NE .
The next foster parent training class will begin on April 16th, 2019. Class is a total of 27 hours and will run for 9 consecutive Tuesday nights nights, ending on June 11th, 2019. If you are a 2 parent household, both people must attend all 9 weeks of class.
You must attend an information session before coming to the training.
Benefits of parenting with Community Attention:
- Foster parents earn monthly tax-free stipends.
- Families have access to staff 24 hours a day for their support.
- Each child in the program is assigned an individual case manager to assist in coordinating needed services.
- All children in the program are given access to professional counseling services.
- Foster parents work closely with the treatment team, as a respected professional.
- All treatment decisions and background information are shared openly between the program and the parents.
If helping area children sounds interesting, please contact Marnie Allen at 970-3735, or by Email.
If you would like to apply to be a foster parent, you may submit an application to be a prospective parent.
Do you have more questions? Check out some of our Frequently Asked Questions.