On January 6, 2014, City Council approved trial permit parking to alleviate non-residential parking on certain streets. The trial period will begin on February 1, 2014 and will remain in effect until August 31, 2014, at which time City Council will decide whether to make the permit zones permanent.
The affected streets are as follows:
- Zone 1 Trial Streets - Page Street, Paoli Street, 10 1/2 Street NW, 9th Street (Page Street to West Street)
- Zone 7 Trial Streets - King Street, Elm Street, and Pine Street.
During this trial period permits will be made available at no charge. At the conclusion of this trial, each household will receive a designated number of permits based on the availability of off street parking or a driveway. The number of free permits available for each affected household will be determined at that time as well. If the applicant has qualified for rent relief or real estate tax relief, the cost is $1.00 per year per permit.
Permits for this trial period can only be obtained at the Treasurer's Office, 605 East Main Street, 1st floor of City Hall. For more information for residents of those affected streets please click on the links below.
- Zone 1 Trial Period Brochure
- Zone 7 Trial Period Brochure
- Map of Trial Zone Permit Area (affected street blocks in red)