How much is the total City General Fund Budget?
- The Fiscal Year 2017 General Fund Budget for the City of Charlottesville is $162,018,737.
When is the City Budget presented to City Council?
- The Manager’s Proposed Budget is presented to Council at the first City Council meeting in March of each year.
When is the City Budget approved?
- City Code requires that the City of Charlottesville adopt the City Budget no later that April 15th of each year.
How will the proposed budget affect my taxes?
- As part of the budget process Council sets the tax and fee rates for the upcoming year. The current tax and Fee rates for the City of Charlottesville are contained within the Introduction and Summary Section of the Budget document.
What is the City’s current Real Estate Tax rate, and where can I find information on City taxes and fees?
- The current Real Estate Tax Rate for the City of Charlottesville is $0.95 per $100 of assessed value. The current tax and Fee rates for the City of Charlottesville are contained within the Introduction and Summary Section of the Budget document.
Where can I get a copy of the City Budget?
- An electronic copy of the City of Charlottesville’s budget can be obtained from the Office of Budget and Performance Management (OBPM) webpage.
- Limited print copies are available, if you require a printed copy of the budget please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the telephone number and address for the Budget Office?
- Leslie Beauregard, Assistant City Manager, (434) 970-3105
- Ryan Davidson, Sr. Budget and Management Analyst, (434) 970-3418
- Maya Kumazawa, Budget and Management Analyst, (434) 970-3174
- Mailing Address:
City Manager’s Office
Budget and Performance Management
PO Box 911
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Where can I find information on, or get a copy of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP)?
- Information on Capital Improvement Projects and the Capital Improvement Program is contained in the Capital Improvement Section of the Budget Document. For a copy of the Budget document please visit the Budget Office webpage.
Does the Budget Office handle funding requests for community service agencies?
- In collaboration with Albemarle County, the City of Charlottesville handles funding requests from community agencies through two different processes – the Agency Budget Review Team (ABRT) and the City/County Office of Management and Budget Community Agency Process which is administered through the City Office of Budget and Performance Management and the Albemarle County Office of Management and Budget.
- These processes begin in the fall of each fiscal year and recommendations are provided to City Council and the Board of Supervisors for inclusion in the annual budget.
- If you would like to request an application for funding please send the Office of Budget and Performance Management your contact information including:
Your Name; Name of the Agency requesting funding; Address; Phone number, and Email address.
OBPM will forward this information to the appropriate process so that you will be included on the distribution lists.