The Office of Budget and Performance Management promotes the long-term fiscal integrity of the City of Charlottesville and ensures that Council’s long term vision areas are being met through the following:
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the City's annual budget and five year Capital Improvement Program.
- Preparing and reporting quality and timely financial information and trends analysis.
- Providing recommendations on policy issues related to the budget, City finances and organizational performance and quality initiatives.
- Providing guidance related to activities around department performance plans, continuous process improvement initiatives, business modeling, and organizational assessments.
- Using performance measures and outcome data to serve as decision making tools for determining resource allocation and appropriate service levels.
The FY 2018 Third Quarter Report has been posted.
The FY 2019 Adopted Budget Visualization is available here.
The FY 2019 Adopted Budget has been posted.
Recent Efficiency Studies by the Novak Consulting Group
- City of Charlottesville, Neighborhood Development Services Review Report, February 9, 2018
- City of Charlottesville, Human Resources Assessment and Strategic Plan Report, December 1, 2017
- City of Charlottesville, Fleet Maintenance Study Report, October 4, 2017
- City of Charlottesville, Space and Inventory/Warehousing Evaluation Report, September 2017
- City of Charlottesville Efficiency Study, January 2017
Please check back for the latest news and information concerning the operating and capital budgets for the City of Charlottesville.
FY 2018 - 2019 Adopted City Budget
FY 2017 - 2018 Adopted City Budget
FY 2016 - 2017 Adopted City Budget
FY 2015 - 2016 Adopted City Budget
FY 2014 - 2015 Adopted City Budget
Archived Budget Documents
Senior Budget and Management Analyst
Budget and Management Analyst