Lost & Found
CAT does not take responsibility for items lost or stolen on transit vehicles or in its facilities. All items recovered are kept at the Downtown Transit Station. After 48 hours, items that are considered valuable or contain personal information are taken to the Charlottesville City Police Department. All other items are held for 7 days.
Inquiries about lost items can be made by calling the Downtown Transit Station at 434-970-3649 and selecting option 3. Staff is available to take your call from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Saturday and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Sundays.
Your safety is one of our top priorities. To ensure an enjoyable ride for both you and the people around you, please follow these rules:
- The active use of tobacco products (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited.
- The consumption of food and/or beverage is prohibited. Transportation of food and/or beverage is permitted if contents are properly sealed and unopened. Personal consumption liquids must be contained in a screw top container with the top in place. To-go cups with plastic snap tops and open aluminum cans are not allowed.
- Excessive noise, disruptive behavior, and/or profanity is prohibited. Passengers may be asked to leave the bus without a refund if their actions disturb or threaten the safety of the operator or other passengers.
- Aisleways are to remain clear during the duration of your trip.
- Headphones are to be used with all audio devices.
- Consecutive loop riding is prohibited.
Per ADA guidelines, service animals are allowed for persons with disabilities. Service animals are to be kept on a leash or in an approved pet container.
All CAT buses are accessible to persons with disabilities. Let your driver know if you need help getting on and off the bus. To ensure safe travels, all mobility devices are secured through the use of a four point tie down system.
Strollers shall be folded and stowed. Properly stowed strollers shall not obstruct the aisleway.
When traveling on a CAT bus, your starting and ending locations may not be served by the same route. To reach your final destination, you may need to connect to another bus.
If a passenger originally paid with a single ride fare, he or she will need to pay again when boarding the second bus.
Connections are allowed at the following locations:
- Downtown Transit Station (If applicable, drivers may elect to drop passengers off at the Omni bus stop on Ridge McIntire Road to catch their route at the Omni bus stop on Water Street)
- Barracks Road Shopping Center
- Fashion Square Mall
- JPA @ Jordan Hall
- JPA @ UVA Hospital
Please keep in mind that connections are not guaranteed.
Charlottesville Area Transit is committed to providing reliable, safe, and satisfying transportation options for our community. Customers of Charlottesville Area Transit are the primary focus of our business and as such, their feedback is crucial to the growth and development of the agency. For additional information on how to file a complaint, please click here.