- CAT provided more than 2 million passenger trips last year & the rising trend continues
- Riding the bus is more affordable & ecologically sound than driving alone
- A full bus equals 6 city blocks of people driving alone in their cars
- The average cost of owning & operating a car is $6,700 per year
- The average American family makes 14 car trips a day
- You may bring a bike on the bus - all CAT vehicles are equipped with bike racks
- Employers who implement Commuter Choice Programs may provide tax savings for their employees who ride CAT. The employer also reduces net pay out for FICA, Federal Income and Unemployment taxes (visit www.commuterinformation.com for details).
- Riding CAT helps protect the planet and our community's special quality of life.
The preceding data was compiled from CAT Ridership Data, the U.S. Energy Department, AAA, the Sierra Club, the Center for Livable Communities, Commuter Information and the Alliance for Community Choice in Transportation.