Human Rights Commission
To learn more about the Office of Human Rights, please CLICK HERE.
To act as a strong advocate for justice and equal opportunity by providing citywide leadership and guidance in the area of civil and human rights. Act as an advisory body to City Council in matters pertaining to human and civil rights.
Meetings are on the 3rd Thursdays of the month, 7:00pm - 9:00pm at City Space unless otherwise noted.
No less than 9 members appointed by City Council who are broadly representative of the City’s population, with consideration of racial, gender (including gender identity, transgender status, and sexual orientation), religious, ethnic, disabled, socio-economic, geographic neighborhood and age groups within the City.
Members are appointed for 3 years.
- Idil Aktan (term ends 11/1/19)
- Melvin Grady (term ends 11/1/20)
- John Kluge (term ends 11/1/19)
- Susan W. Lewis (term ends 11/1/18)
- Olivia Patton (term ends 11/1/20)
- Ann J. Smith, Chair (term ends 11/1/20)
- Susi Wilbur, (term ends 11/1/19)
Charlene Green, Manager
Office of Human Rights