The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
The deadline to submit an application is November 13, 2018, unless otherwise noted.
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Authority (City Resident) (posted 9/21/18 - revised deadline 10/21/18)
- Building Code Board of Appeals (posted 2/22/18)
- Community Development Block Grant Task Force (Rose Hill Neighborhood Representative) (posted 10/10/17)
- Community Policy and Management Team (Private Provider Representative and Parent Representative) (posted 4/5/16)
- Housing Advisory Committee (Banker Position & Citizen At Large)(posted 10/9/18)
- Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee(posted 9/12/17)
- JAUNT (posted 10/9/18)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee (posted 10/9/18)
- PLACE Design Task Force (CAT Advisory Board Representatives) (posted 2/12/18)
- Region 10 Community Board (posted 10/9/18)
- Retirement Commission (City of Charlottesville Employee At-large, City Resident and City Resident with Money Management Experience) (posted 9/13/18)
- Rivanna River Basin Commission (City Resident) (posted 9/14/18)
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (Joint City/County Appointment) (posted 10/9/18)
- Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (Joint City/ County Appointment) (posted 10/9/18)
- Social Services Advisory Board (posted 2/22/18)
- Towing Advisory Board (Alternative Citizen Representative) (posted 2/22/18)
- Vendor Appeals Board (posted 8/30/15)
- Water Resources Protection Program Advisory Committee (posted 10/9/18)
- Youth Council (posted 3/29/18) CLICK HERE to download the Youth Council application.
CLICK HERE to download an application to serve on a board or commission.
Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, please send to email@example.com, or send via mail to P.O. Box 911, Charlottesville, VA, 22902, ATTN: Clerk of Council - Boards & Commissions.
For more information about Boards and Commissions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Clerk of Council's office at 434-970-3113.
Applications will be considered on a regularly scheduled Council meeting date (first and third Mondays) after opening has been posted for a minimum of 30 days, unless a deadline is posted otherwise. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.