The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
The deadline to submit an application is May 9, 2018, unless otherwise noted.
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society (posted 4/4/18)
- Building Code Board of Appeals (posted 2/22/18)
- Charlottesville Economic Development Authority (posted 2/22/18)
- Charlottesville Redevelopment Housing Authority (Citizen At-Large and Resident Commissioner) (posted 2/22/18)
- Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee (posted 2/22/18)
- Community Development Block Grant Task Force (Rose Hill Neighborhood Representative) (posted 10/10/17)
- Community Policy and Management Team (Private Provider Representative and Parent Representative) (posted 4/5/16)
- Human Rights Commission (posted 4/18/18)
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging Board (City Resident) (posted 2/22/18)
- Parking Advisory Board (posted 9/12/17)
- Personnel Appeal Board (posted 9/12/17)
- PLACE Design Task Force (CAT Advisory Board Representatives) (posted 2/12/18)
- Piedmont Virginia Community College Board (City Resident) (posted 2/22/18)
- Region Ten Community Board (City Representative) (posted 2/2/18)
- Retirement Commission (Citizen Representative and Retiree) (posted 2/22/18)
- Sister City Commission (At-Large, Higher Education and Alternative Higher Education Representatives) (posted 2/22/18)
- Social Services Advisory Board (posted 2/22/18)
- Towing Advisory Board (Alternative Citizen Representative) (posted 2/22/18)
- Tree Commission (Low Income Neighborhood Representative) (posted 2/26/18;)
- Vendor Appeals Board (posted 8/30/15)
- Youth Council (posted 3/29/18) CLICK HERE to download the Youth Council application.
CLICK HERE to download an application to serve on a board or commission.
Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, please send to email@example.com, or send via mail to P.O. Box 911, Charlottesville, VA, 22902, ATTN: Clerk of Council - Boards & Commissions.
For more information about Boards and Commissions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Clerk of Council's office at 434-970-3113.
Applications will be considered on a regularly scheduled Council meeting date (first and third Mondays) after opening has been posted for a minimum of 30 days, unless a deadline is posted otherwise. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.