The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Albemarle/Charlottesville Regional Jail Authority (posted 4/21/16; open until filled)
- Citizen's Police Advisory Panel (posted 7/1/16; open until filled)
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (posted 6/14/2016; open until filled)
- Community Development Block Grant (at-large position, Belmont, 10th & Page, Ridge St. neighborhood representatives) (posted 9/30/15; open until filled)
- Community Policy and Management Team (Private Provider Representative and Parent Representative positions open) (posted 4/5/16; open until filled)
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging Advisory Council (posted 5/15/16; open until filled)
- Jefferson-Madison Regional Library Board (posted 6/14/16; open until filled)
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board (posted 9/30/15; open until filled)
- PLACE Design Task Force (architecture/landscape; arts; development; at-large) (posted 4/21/16; open until filled)
- Regional Disability Service Board (posted 6/14/16; open until filled)
- Towing Advisory Board (citizen representative) (posted 5/15/16; open until filled)
- Vendor Appeals Board (posted 8/30/15; open until filled)
CLICK HERE to download an application to serve on a board or commission.
Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, please send to email@example.com, or send via mail to P.O. Box 911, Charlottesville, VA, 22902, ATTN: Clerk of Council - Boards & Commissions.
For more information about Boards and Commissions, please call Paige Rice, Clerk of Council, at 434-970-3113 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a regularly scheduled Council meeting date (first and third Mondays) after opening has been posted for a minimum of 30 days, unless a deadline is posted otherwise. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.