The City of Charlottesville offers our residential gas heating customers the opportunity to join the Budget Plan. Under this plan, we will estimate your yearly cost for gas, water, sewer and tax and divide this total into twelve equal installments. These installments become the "level payment amount" for your billing each month.
We will review your account every six months to determine whether your level amount should be changed to achieve a zero balance at the end of your budget year. There also may be times that we readjust your budget amount due to usage pattern changes, unusual weather conditions or utility rate changes.
If you prefer the Budget Payment Plan to your current plan, please call us at (434) 970-3211 to get an application or submit the online application. Please read all the rules before deciding if the budget plan is right for you.
- Your bill must be paid in full at the time of application.
- The Budget payment must be paid, in full, by the "Balance not paid by " date on your bill.
- Any partial payment or any payment missed, for whatever reason, will result in removal from the Budget Plan. Your account may be subject to disconnection if payments are not made by the due date. All leaks must be repaired promptly or you will be removed from the Budget Plan.
- Our computer system reviews and updates budget amounts every 6 months. The only notification that your Budget Plan amount has changed is the change in the amount due on your billing. We do not send letters to indicate your Budget amount has changed.
- You may, at any time, elect to be removed from the Budget Plan.