Streets and Sidewalks
The Public Services Department is responsible for street and sidewalk maintenance. To report maintenance issues related to existing street, sidewalk, and stormwater infrastructure (potholes, unrepaired utility cuts, blocked drainage structures in the public right of way) call 970-3830 or email us. There is presently a regular schedule for street repaving. This schedule is posted at Streets and Sidewalks.
The public notification procedure is to place No Parking signs on streets at least 24 hrs. before work is to proceed in order to notify residents. HOWEVER, these schedules are subject to change due to weather, equipment issues, or other unforeseen circumstances.
We’re working hard to keep our City Streets in great shape!
Solid Waste Collection
Call 970-3830 or fill out the online form to schedule a collection of large household items and/or brush/limbs. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A $25 pickup must be purchased at the Treasurers Office prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Items must be too large to fit in a 32 gallon bag
- Car parts, building materials, hazardous materials are not eligible.
- Each city property is eligible for 2 collections annually.
- Amount of items set out must not exceed 1 dump truck load
- Only city residential curbside customers are eligible.
Call 970-3830 for information not listed below. Guidelines for curbside collection are as follows:
- Once a week curbside collection of household trash and recyclables. For residents receiving curbside trash collection services, please call 970-3830 to obtain first time or replacement recycling bins.
- Customers must purchase stickers or annual decals (See Trash Collection).
- Program includes free collection of glass, metal, aluminum cans, newspapers, magazines, and catalogs.#1 and #2 plastics and cardboard (flattened, 3'x3'x1' maximum size) .
- Trash may not be set out at the curb prior to 6 PM on the day preceding collection.
- Empty cans must be removed from the curb no later than 12 hours following collection.
- For trash disposal & recycling guidelines (See Trash & Recycling Guidelines)
- For updated trash collection map click here Trash Collection Map
Scheduled daily collection at 7am and 4pm of refuse and recyclables in downtown and uptown areas of the city.
- Maintenance issues related to traffic signs, meters, signals, and street markings can be reported by calling 970-3362.
- Adopt-A -Street......Neighborhoods or groups interested in adopting a street for litter removal should call 970-3362
- New installations or adjustments to traffic infrastructure should be directed to Neighborhood Development Services by calling 970-3182.
To report dead animals in the street call 970-3830 or fill out the online form.