Human Rights Commission
To learn more about the Office of Human Rights, please CLICK HERE.
To act as a strong advocate for justice and equal opportunity by providing citywide leadership and guidance in the area of civil and human rights. Act as an advisory body to City Council in matters pertaining to human and civil rights.
Meetings are on the 3rd Thursdays of the month, 7:00pm - 9:00pm at City Space unless otherwise noted.
No less than 9 members appointed by City Council who are broadly representative of the City’s population, with consideration of racial, gender (including gender identity, transgender status, and sexual orientation), religious, ethnic, disabled, socio-economic, geographic neighborhood and age groups within the City.
- Eze Amos (3 year term)
- Olivia Boykin (3 year term)
- Christopher Broom (2 year term)
- Melvin Burrus (3 year term)
- Dorenda Maria Johnson (3 year term)
- Sarah Lane Krishnaraj (3 year term)
- Susan W. Lewis (2 year term)
- Amy Sarah Marshall (3 year term)
- Aidyn Mills, Chair (2 year term)
- Karen Shepard (3 year term)
- Ann J. Smith, Vice-Chair (3 year term)
Of the members first appointed, at least three shall be appointed for terms of three years, at least three shall be appointed for terms of two years, and at least three shall be appointed for terms of one year. Thereafter members shall be appointed for terms of three years each.
Office of Human Rights