Hours | Rider's Guide | CAT Bus Stops | Real-Time Information | Google Transit
CAT wants to take you places. We are dedicated to providing you with dependable, efficient, convenient, and safe travel. To help us serve you better, PLEASE:
- Have correct fare, pass, or photo ID ready as you board the bus.
- Remember your Bus Driver cannot make change.
- If you have a CAT Reduced Fare Card, please have it ready to show the driver when you board the bus.
- Be seated as soon as possible after boarding the bus.
- Do not stand ahead of the white line while the bus is moving.
- Reserve the front seats for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Do not block the aisle with strollers or packages.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke on the bus.
- Do not use profane language or make excessive noise on the bus.
- Pull the stop request cord about a block before your stop, wait until the bus comes to a complete stop, and then exit through the rear doors.
- Do not cross in front of the bus after exiting.
- Remember your Bus Driver cannot accept expired Day or Monthly Passes.
- Remember service animals are welcome. Pets are only permitted in an approved pet carrier.
- Remember buses cannot wait after scheduled departure times, which can be found online, in the CAT Rider's Guide, and at CAT bus stops.
With your help, CAT can meet published schedules, operate buses safely, and get you where you want to go. Please remember that the Bus Driver may refuse service to anyone not following these guidelines, or whose behavior may be hazardous to safe travel.
For more information, please contact Customer Service at 434.970.3649 or CAT@charlottesville.org.