Dates: Starting August 28th, 2014 at 6:00PM
Day/Time: Thursday evenings from 6:00 - 8:30 PM (Twelve Consecutive Weeks)
Location: Charlottesville Police Department: 606 E. Market Street, Charlottesville, Va 22902
The Citizen’s Police Academy is a program created by the Charlottesville Police Department that will educate those that attend of the operations of the Charlottesville Police Department. Class lectures will be conducted by members of the Police Department including Chief Timothy J. Longo, Sr., Command Staff, Detectives and Officers in specialty units. Past participants have found this program both informative and rewarding.
The following is a list of topics that will be lectured on during the course of the program:
• Introduction and Overview of the Department / Department’s Strategic Plan / Visions and Values
• Field Operations Division / Support Services Division / Administrative Services Bureau
• General Investigations Bureau / Neighborhood Services Bureau / JADE (Drug Unit)
• Gangs / Forensics / Juvenile Matters
• Role of the Commonwealth Attorney / Traffic Unit / Crime Prevention
• Recruitment and Hiring / Accreditation / Emergency Communications Center (911)
• Crime Analysis / Internal Affairs
• SWAT / Crisis Negotiations
• Firearms / Use of Force
To register and for more information please contact Sgt. S.P. Knick with the
Neighborhood Services Bureau at 566-1430 or email@example.com.