To qualify for these rebates, you must:
- Be the home/rental property owner.
- Be a City of Charlottesville gas customer in good standing, and who does not presently heat water with natural gas.
|To apply for these rebates:|
- print and return the Rebate Form,
- or call (434) 970-3686 and ask us to send one to you,
- or pick up a certificate at the Utility Billing counter in City Hall.
*Rebates are available for residential and commercial properties.
According to the U.S. Department of energy, water heating is the third largest energy use in homes. By heating water only when it’s needed, natural gas tankless water heaters cut water heating expenses by 30%, while also providing continuous hot water delivery. Also, this “green” technology produces less CO2 and NOx than conventional gas or electric tank water heaters.