CHAP 2013 (subject to yearly review by City Council)
Application will start on 7/1/2013.
Once again, the Charlottesville City Council has approved funding for a grant to all qualified Charlottesville homeowners. Grants of $525, for applicants whose income are no greater than $25000, or $375 for those between $25001 and $50000, will be applied to the approved applicants' 2nd half real estate tax bills due in December.
In addition to an income limit, an applicant
• Must legally own a qualifying city property as of January 1, 2013
• Must live in the qualifying city property
• Must not have a current year assessed value for this property greater than $365,000
• Must not have federal adjusted gross income for 2012 greater than $50,000
• Must not be receiving assistance from the Real Estate Tax Relief for the Elderly and Disabled
• Must not owe any delinquent real estate taxes
• Must not own any other real estate property
Information and application letters will be mailed to prospective applicants. If you didn't get an application but feel that you might qualify, please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue office at 434-970-3160.
Applications are due by September 1, 2013.