The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Board of Architectural Review - licensed architect and owner of a business or commercial property in a design control district positions available
- Building Code of Appeals
- CDBG Task Force - 10th & Page Neighborhood position available
- Housing Advisory Committee (HAC) - banker potition available
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Personnel Appeals Board
- Regional Disability Service Board
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Youth Council
CLICK HERE to download and submit your application online. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED FORM AS AN ATTACHED FILE. Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, click SUBMIT in the upper left corner of the document to complete the application process.
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call Paige Rice, Clerk of Council, at 434-970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference may be given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.