The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Belmont Bridge Steering Committee (Representatives from Ridge Street, Belmont, Martha Jefferson, and North Downtown neighborhoods)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 10th & Page Task Force
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) at-large position
- Human Rights Commission
- Jefferson Area Community Criminal Justice Board - citizen representative
- Jefferson-Madison Regional Library
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- PLACE Design Task Force - architecture/landscape position, multi-modal representative position (transportation planning or traffic engineering background preferred)
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Towing Advisory Board - towing industry representative, citizen representative
- Youth Council
- CLICK HERE for the Youth Council application! Deadline: September 8, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
The deadline for applications is August 12, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. (except for the Youth Council).
CLICK HERE to download and submit your application online.
Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, click SUBMIT in the upper left corner of the document to complete the application process.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED FORM AS AN ATTACHED FILE.
MAC USERS: Be sure to open the file with Adobe Reader or Acrobat (NOT the preview application) to eliminate formatting issues.
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call Paige Rice, Clerk of Council, at 434-970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference may be given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.