The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings. CLICK HERE to apply online. Applications are due by May 23, 2013 at 5:00PM.
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Transportation (CHART) Plan Advisory Committee
- Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority (CRHA) (Resident Commissioner, Citizen-at-Large positions available)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Task Force (Rose Hill and Ridge Street representatives)
- Community Policy and Management Team (CPMT) (Parent Representative and Private Provider Representative positions available)
- Housing Advisory Committee (banker position available)
- Historic Resources Committee
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA) Board of Directors
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Personnel Appeals Board
- Piedmont Virginia Community College Board
- PLACE Design Task Force (Development, Citizen-at-Large positions available)
- Planning Commission
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Regional Disability Service Board
- Sister City Commission
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Tree Commission
- Youth Council
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call 434-970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.