The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Citizen's Transportation Advisory Committee (formerly known as CHART)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 10th & Page Task Force
- Community Development Block Grant (at-large position, Belmont, 10th & Page, Ridge St. neighborhood representatives)
- Housing Advisory Committee (developer)
- Jefferson Area Community Criminal Justice Board
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board
- PLACE Design Task Force (Architecture/Landscape positions)
- Sister City Commission (at-large; Pleven, Bulgaria; and Winneba, Ghana representative positions)
- Towing Advisory Board (towing industry representative, citizen representative)
- Tree Commission
- Vendor Appeals Board
- Water Resources Protection Program Advisory Committee
- Youth Council
CLICK HERE to download and submit your application online.
Deadline: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, click SUBMIT in the upper left corner of the document to complete the application process.
MAC USERS: Be sure to open the file with Adobe Reader or Acrobat (NOT the preview application) to eliminate formatting issues.
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call Paige Rice, Clerk of Council, at 434-970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.