The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Task Force - 10th & Page Neighborhood position available
- Charlottesville Economic Development Authority (CEDA)
- Housing Advisory Committee (HAC) - banker position available
- Jefferson Area Board of Aging (JABA) Advisory Council
- Jefferson Area Board of Aging (JABA) Board of Directors
- Regional Disability Service Board
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Citizen's Advisory Committee
- Sister City Commission
- Tree Commission
- Youth Council
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 5:00 pm.
CLICK HERE to download and submit your application online. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED FORM AS AN ATTACHED FILE. MAC USERS: BE SURE TO OPEN THE FILE WITH ADOBE READER OR ACROBAT (NOT THE PREVIEW APP) TO ELIMINATE FORMATTING ISSUES. Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, click SUBMIT in the upper left corner of the document to complete the application process.
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call Paige Rice, Clerk of Council, at 434-970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference may be given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.