The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings:
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Transportation (CHART) Advisory Committee
- Charlottesville Redevelopment & Housing Authority (CRHA) - resident, citizen-at-large positions available
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Task Force - 10th & Page Neighborhood and at-large positions available
- Housing Advisory Committee (HAC) - banker position available
- Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) Board
- Planning Commission
- PLACE Design Task Force - preservation and arts positions available
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Citizen's Advisory Committee
- Sister City Commission
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Tree Commission
The deadline for applications is Monday, May 5, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE to download and submit your application online. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED FORM AS AN ATTACHED FILE. MAC USERS: BE SURE TO OPEN THE FILE WITH ADOBE READER OR ACROBAT (NOT THE PREVIEW APP) TO ELIMINATE FORMATTING ISSUES. Once you have downloaded and filled out the application form, click SUBMIT in the upper left corner of the document to complete the application process.
If you would like more information about Boards and Commissions, please call Paige Rice, Clerk of Council, at 434-970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference may be given to residents of the City of Charlottesville.