The Office of Budget and Performance Management promotes the long-term fiscal integrity of the City of Charlottesville and ensures that Council’s long term vision areas are being met through the following:
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the City's annual budget and five year Capital Improvement Program.
- Preparing and reporting quality and timely financial information and trends analysis.
- Providing recommendations on policy issues related to the budget, City finances and organizational performance and quality initiatives.
- Providing guidance related to activities around department performance plans, continuous process improvement initiatives, business modeling, and organizational assessments.
- Using performance measures and outcome data to serve as decision making tools for determining resource allocation and appropriate service levels.
FY 2015 - 2016 Budget: Public Meeting Schedule
Click Here for the FY 2016 Citizen Budget Survey
During these challenging economic times, as the City budget for FY 2016 takes shape, your views on how your tax dollars are spent are essential to creating a budget that best serves all of our citizens. City Council and city staff invite you to be part of this process by helping us to identify your service and spending priorities for the upcoming fiscal year. Survey results will be tallied and reported to City Council to be considered when budget decisions are being made in the spring.
Please check back for the latest news and information concerning the operating and capital budgets for the City of Charlottesville.
If you would like to receive updates when important news, dates, and information is posted on the Budget Webpage please CLICK HERE to sign up.
FY 2014 - 2015 Adopted City Budget
FY 2013 - 2014 Adopted City Budget
Archived Budget Documents
Director, Budget and Performance Management
Budget and Management Analyst