Get involved in the process... Be a City of Charlottesville Election officer!
The Charlottesville Electoral Board is actively looking for registered voters to become involved in the electoral process.
There are 8 precincts in the City of Charlottesville, each requiring a minimum of 6 election officers. We usually need a total of 125 election officials. These workers are needed to maintain a high level of control throughout Election Day. This is an opportunity to assist in the democratic process. If you'd like to apply, click here for an Officer of Election Application. For more information please call 434-970-3250 or visit us.
- $150 for a full day (5 a.m. - Close)
- $9.36 an hour for 1/2 day either 5 a.m. - 1 p.m.(am shift) or 12:00 - Closing (p.m. shift)
- You are a registered voter.
- You are "people oriented" and enjoy serving the public.
- You must attend a brief training class prior to Election Day.
- You must be available to work your entire shift on Election Day.
- Report for work at 5 a.m. on Election Day.
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Set up voting equipment.
- Demonstrate voting procedures.
- Close polling place.
- Certify work done at polling place.
Polling Place Locations
Polling places are mostly located in public buildings and schools. We try to assign you to locations close to your home.