For media inquiries or questions regarding press releases, please contact:
Charlottesville Office of Communications
Brian Wheeler, Director of Communications
To watch live streaming video of Charlottesville's Own TV10, the City's news and information channel, click here
Road Closures - Dogwood Parade - Saturday, April 21, 2018
The below roads will be affected by the Dogwood Parade this Saturday, April 21. Anyone coming to the downtown area between 8am and 1pm should avoid these roads and expect delays due to the parade and other traffic.
- McIntire Road will close at 8am from Harris Street up to Preston Avenue and will remain closed until 1pm (or the roadway is cleared of parade participants).
- Market Street, 7th St NE and East High Street will close at 10:40am and will remain closed until 1pm.
- Ridge-McIntire between W. Main Street and Preston Avenue will be closed from 8am until 1pm. Traffic on this road will be diverted to 4th St NE.
- Preston Avenue at 4th St NE will be closed to eastbound traffic from 8am to 1pm. Traffic headed east will be diverted on to 4th St NE.
- Traffic coming off of Harris Street at Preston Avenue will be able to turn east and west but will be diverted at 4th St NE once on Preston Avenue.
- Those attending the parade and parked in the downtown area should expect delays in heading out once the parade is done due to volume of traffic and street cleaning efforts.
- The East Market Street parking garage will also be closed once the road closures begin at 8am.
A map of the parade route is included below.