Imagine A Day Without Water Artwork Due
Why Does Every Drop Count?
- Date: 10/16/2017 (all day)
- Location: Department of Public Works
305 4th Street NW
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
- Introduction: Imagine a Day without Water Artwork is due October 16th, 5:00 PM to Department of Public Works Administration Building.
Imagine a Day without Water Art Contest
The City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County Service Authority, and Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority are holding the 3rd annual Imagine a Day without Water Art Contest. As some of you may remember, we held this contest for the past 2 years and have had very positive success. The goal of this contest is to educate Charlottesville and Albemarle students on the importance of water, and why it is important to conserve it and keep it clean. We’d like to continue the momentum developed by the previous contests, and find more ways to continue to be engaging, fun, and informative to students. The details are very similar to previous year’s contest, and the theme of the contest has been updated to illustrate “why does every drop count?” and why water is important to each student.
The contest runs from now until the end of business day Monday, October 16th. All art entries can be delivered by the student to the offices at the Department of Public Works, located at 305 4th Street NW.
Contest Rules & Info:
- Grades: 1st – 8th grade
- All City & County students (public, private, homeschooled), also you do not have to submit artwork as part of a school or group
- Paper must be 11” x 17”, landscape orientation
- All artwork must have a completed (and legible) contest entry form on the back
- All artwork must convey the theme of the contest: “Why Does Every Drop Count?”, must be the work of one individual student, and be original artwork with no copyrighted charters or images
- Multiple entries from the same student will be accepted
- Accepting Artwork: Sept 12th – October 16th (end of business day)
- Fan Favorite online voting on the top entries in each grade category
- Starts November 1st – November 14th
- Winners will be announced November 17th
- Prizes: $200 cash gift card + conservation goodie bag
- 1 student winner from each grade category: 1st – 2nd, 3rd – 4th, 5th – 6th, 7th – 8th, and Fan Favorite
- 4 teachers will be randomly selected – each teacher gets entered into the pool for each student that records their name on their artwork (the more students that participate will increase your odds)