CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The City of Charlottesville is currently accepting applications for appointment to the Towing Advisory Board, a new board that will recommend an ordinance to the City Manager and Council regulating towing within the City. The board will consist of two police officials, two towing operators and two members of the general public (one voting member and one alternate).
The Towing Advisory Board was created in response to a series of complaints that City Council received about unfair towing practices.
Applications are also being accepted for the following openings:
- Citizen's Advisory Panel (Adult and Youth positions available)
- Community Development Block Grant Task Force (Fifeville, Ridge St., 10th & Page positions available)
- Dialogue on Race
- Housing Advisory Committee (Banker position available)
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging Advisory Council
- Jefferson-Madison Regional Library Board
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Social Services Advisory Board
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 5PM ON THURSDAY, JULY 12TH.
CLICK HERE to fill out an online application.
CLICK HERE for a list of all Boards and Commissions.
The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but also the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville's growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone.